Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Inspired!

In 2014 I had the great honor of curating my first exhibition for the purple Hills Arts and Heritage Society (PHAHS) in Creemore, Ontario. The exhibition took place in the historic Station on the Green during the Creemore Festival of the Arts and the Small Halls festival, in October, 2014.

The  PHAHS was looking for a signature exhibition to show-case successful Canadian artists from outside of their direct community. I gave much thought to the kind of exhibition I wanted to hang. It was clear from the beginning that I wanted to display works from artists of a wide range of styles and medium with the common ground being their intense dedication to their craft and career alongside much industry, public and peer recognition for their work. I hung the works of artists whose work and career trajectory truly inspire me.

I chose to include works by Graham Roumieu, Sean Yelland, Peter Mitchell, Peter Rotter, Rachel Berman, Gosia, Gordon Wiebe, Marco Cibola, Shaun Downey and myself. Curating this show was an amazing experience for me and I reveled in talking with the hundreds of people who came to see it.




No comments: