Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Room of Her Own

October 15th, 2015 marked the opening of my 3rd solo exhibition at Ingram Gallery. Over the past 2 years, since my last solo show, my husband and I moved with our kids from Toronto to a vacant piece of farm land just south of Creemore, Ontario. We designed and built a house and the beginnings of a farm. During that time we lived in a trailer, a rental log cabin and in the shell of the new house. We literally lived in our house as it went up around us, with no running water, kitchen or electricity for 10 months! It was an intense time and difficult for me to make much creative work. I'm a loner at heart and having no private space to think or create in was tricky for me to hold.
However, A Room of Her Own- inspired by Virginia Woolf's manifesto on what it takes for  woman to successfully create, exhibits the works I did make during those 2 home building years. Here are some of the works:

 A Room of Her Own
Oil on canvas
30 x 24"
Magic
Oil on canvas
 40 x 30"
Trailblazer
oil on canvas
20 x 16"

By the Studio Light ll
Oil on linen
20 x 16"

And a link to the exhibition page on the Ingram Gallery website.

No comments: